Friday, August 27, 2010

Confession Time

Hello, my name is Sheryn and I am a shopaholic. Although always partial to a good shopping spree this addiction has gone ten fold since having the kids, I blame this on boredom and just a little bit of wanting to be a Yummy Mummy. The funny thing is that since having the kids shopping is so much harder.
As I have mentioned earlier I have been on a weight loss journey and I have now reached my goal weight. Part of achieving this is due to the reward I promised to give myself which was a HUGE shopping spree.

I also asked for only vouchers for my birthday which was graciously delivered, thanks friends and family. However when I imagined this shopping spree it was me all on my own, easier said than done when hubby works 6 days a week.
So after hearing the devastating news that DFO was in financial strife I decided to see what I could do to save it and yesterday I packed up two moody kids and a days worth of snacks and set of for my local DFO. The one year old screamed the whole time but I did not let this deter me, I think it's fair to say that DFO will not be closing it's doors any time soon. No, please don't thank me, just give me ideas on hiding the credit card bill.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching your goal weight - a shopping spree for a new wardrobe is a great reward. I find it hard shopping with my 1 year old in tow too. You'll have to share some pics of what you bought with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that DFO staff salute your sterling efforts. Congrats on getting to goal - that's a huge achievement worthy of any sized credit card bill!

    ReplyDelete