Monday, July 26, 2010

My Dream Outdoor Table

I have always wanted a very rustic outdoor table, possibly made from railway sleepers, however I have never found one I loved, until now.
There is an old antique warehouse in Mornington that will be closing it's doors soon and while spending a few leasurely hours there yesterday I came across this table. How much you ask??? A bargain at $650.00. However the dilemma is this, earlier this year I gave up on this dream and bought an outdoor table from Early Settler, it cost a lot more money and just does not have the charachter of the one above. Hubby said if we were not turning our backyard into a contruction site very soon we could get it and sell the other. Words of wisdom but still worthy of a little tantrum I think :(
I have not told my sister this story yet but I can just hear her motto in my ears...See it, Love it, Buy it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryn
    I absolutely adore the above table! I also want one of these, they are so great for entertaining because the bench seating can accomodate so many bottoms!
    Have a great Monday
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blog Land Sheryn, I just noticed you have started following me...I am returning the favour and to let you know the cheapest and more battered the better the table I think and it will withstand an upturned backyard no problems. Ebay is a wonderful place to move on furniture that you would like to replace.....believe me thats how I funded the new purchases for our home.
    ...think of it this way the other table was purely on hire for the last few months....

    ReplyDelete